Dreadwing's ship has a unique death animation - unlike most other mobs in the game, which simply blink white and disappear, it will stop, release bits of its armor, tilt to the right, then explode, leaving only pixels and some wreckage behind.
Warning: This Boss is intended to be fought with full Titanium armor and weapon(s).
Dreadwing can be fought again by accessing your S.A.I.L.
Titanium equipment is also needed to fight the soldier penguins.
- It is recommended to have at least Titanium Armour and both ranged and melee weapons to fight Dreadwing. A shield is optional, but recommended for one-handed weapons. Also, the Pulse Jump tech is beyond useful for bounding over lone penguin minions that the boss beamed down. As the arena is long and flat, the Energy Dash tech is useful for easy movement and avoiding his Pulse Cannon attack. To weather most of the Smash attack damage, a shield can be useful. When Dreadwing's ship crashes, it is a wise idea to use a very powerful melee weapon such as a hammer on him while he is down. If the player is using a slow-firing weapon, like a rocket launcher, Dreadwing's UFO may teleport out of the way before the projectile hits.
Dreadwing's minions are fairly weak, one or two hits from a fairly good weapon will kill them. The tanks are much hardier and warier players should not venture into the sides of the arena. The tanks are extremely slow and easy to escape, however.
- The Penguin UFO summons several Penguin Footsoldiers, or a penguin driving a tank. Both will open fire on the player when in range, and both can be attacked and slain.
- Penguin UFO summons several smaller Penguin UFOs around itself. The smaller penguin UFOs shoot lasers at the ground, and are also vulnerable to player attacks.
- The Penguin UFO shoots a laser at the ground several times. The UFO will usually try to hover right above the player while doing this, so keep moving!
1.) Sometimes he won't spawn if you go to the mission and die then come back.
- He is the Tier 1 Boss, and is summoned after completing the tutorial quests using Distress Beacon.
- As a tier 1 boss, Dreadwing seems to be the most complete Boss implemented at this time. Unlike all other bosses, which use AIs borrowed from lesser mobs with different attacks or sounds, Dreadwing's ship has its own attacks, AI, and animations.
- Dreadwing the Penguin was first revealed in public stream at Insomnia Gaming Festival.